Things are rapidly changing for the better at Disney California Adventure (Cars Land, Ariel’s Undersea Adventure, the whole front entrance being rebuilt from scratch), and the Mad T Party is no exception. Replacing the uber-popular ElecTRONica, it’s the same fun dance party vibe, with a new theme: Alice in Wonderland. The official debut it June 15. So far, reviews are great from the soft open, meaning it can only get better. To get an idea of what the Mad T Party really is, watch the video below.
Beginning June 15, it’s down the Rabbit Hole for guests as they enter “Mad T Party,” a fantastic world of imagery and imagination inspired by Tim Burton’s “Alice in Wonderland” at Disney California Adventure Park. It’s a party like no other, a new nighttime experience where up is down and everything is wonderfully off-kilter – complete with live music, plenty of dancing, unique entertainment, tasty treats, games and fanciful merchandise offerings.
“Mad T Party” energizes the park nightly starting at dusk through the end of summer. The festivities continue Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights throughout the year in Hollywood Land. As guests enter “Mad T Party,” they pass through a whimsical, fog-filled Rabbit Hole gateway. On the other side awaits a bright and vivid alternate reality club bursting with a “Mad” twist of fun and excitement.
- The centerpiece of “Mad T Party” is a wildly themed, oversized tea table set under a canopy of fanciful lanterns. The tea table doubles as a state-of-the art concert stage.
- The “Mad T Party” band rocks the night with live music. The band consists of stylized characters inspired by “Alice in Wonderland,” including the Mad Hatter as lead vocalist, Dormouse on lead guitar, March Hare on bass, Cheshire Cat on drums, Caterpillar on keys, and even a special appearance by Alice herself.
- When the “Mad T Party” band is not performing, the White Rabbit DJ keeps the party going with upbeat pop rock and house music.
- Adjacent to the main stage is the House of Cards, a place for games, dancing, drinks, live entertainment and specialty acts. “The Who R U” performs a completely mesmerizing and morphing act that challenges a guest’s senses.
- The Mad Hatter has assembled fun, new games with a very “Mad” twist. Guests may find themselves frantically trying to Paint the Roses Red or bravely battling the Jabberwocky and Jub Jub birds, as they expand their mind and discover their inner Hatter.
- At the Mad Arcade, guests enjoy classic, interactive games that have a wacky Wonderland flair. There’s even a journey inside the world of “Alice in Wonderland.”
- Guests may purchase food from a themed food truck, along with alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages at several locations including the “Drink Me” Bar and House of Cards Bar.
“Mad T Party” adds to the excitement of the grand reopening of Disney California Adventure, including the premiere of two highly anticipated themed lands, Buena Vista Street and Cars Land, with four new attractions and all-new dining and shopping locations. The grand reopening celebrates the five-year transformation of Disneyland Resort, a world-class, multi-day, family vacation destination.