As the leaves change colour and the temperature dips slowly, nothing makes me happier than a sip or two of wine and a plate of great food. If you’ve ever wanted to hop into a culinary mecca that spans all timezones and borders, the Epcot’s Food and Wine Festival is just what the sommelier ordered. Now in it’s 16th year, the festival spans 45 days of culinary delight. While you could drop a small fortune on food and drink, many of the festivals events are free and will excite even the most discerning critic. Don’t think it’s just for adults, this is Disney after all. The little ones will be delighted with the fantastic topiaries and play structures placed around the entire park.
Here are some fun facts from Disney about the festival:
- More than 300 national and international wines
- 45 fabulous days long
- More than 76 kinds of international foods, each appetizer-sized portion priced $3-$8
- 160 of America’s most celebrated chefs and Walt Disney World chefs
- Over 300 wine and beer seminars
- More than 1,200 fireworks rockets exploding each night over World Showcase Lagoon in Reflections of Earth” grand finale to the festival
- 135 Eat to the Beat! concerts performed 33,000 bottles of wine and champagne 289,000 servings of beer 900,000 sumptuous samplings 338,000 wine glasses
- 100,000 desserts including freshly baked waffles with berry compote and whipped cream (Belgium marketplace), white chocolate macadamia mousse with dark chocolate pearls (Desserts & Champagne marketplace) and chocolate cannoli (Italy marketplace).
- 4,000 pounds of lobster for Linda Bean’s Perfect Maine Lobster Rolls and Linda Bean’s Lobster Claw Cuddlers at the Hops & Barley marketplace plus Lobster and Scallop Fisherman’s Pie at the Ireland marketplace.
For all the details and more visit the Epcot Food & Wine Festival website.