Now open, this brand new $130 million world-class attraction spearheaded by the Jim Pattison Group and Ripley Entertainment will have more that 5.7 million litres of water and will consist of 50 exhibits in nine carefully curated galleries showcasing a cross section of saltwater and freshwater environments around the world—starting with species from Toronto’s backyard, the Great Lakes Basin.
Visitors will have a chance to meet over 15,000 underwater animals of 450 diverse species thriving in their natural habitats including swaying kelp forests, busy tropical reefs, and mesmerizing jellyfish waters. The Aquarium will showcase one-of-a-kind features like their moving sidewalk in the Dangerous Lagoon that will be the largest of its kind in North America and the world’s largest kreisel jellyfish tank. There will also be over 100 interactive opportunities including three touch pools featuring horseshoe crabs, sharks, and rays. This awe-inspiring and entertaining experience will incorporate a message of education, sustainability, and conservation so that visitors leave with a better understanding of what they can do to protect wildlife in their habitats.
- Largest indoor aquarium in Canada
- Over 15,000 marine animals, including 450 species of fish & invertebrates and one species of reptile (sea turtle)
- 5.7 million litres of water
- 50 live exhibits
- 12,500 sq m (135,000 sq. ft)
- 97 pumps in Toronto
- Over 100 interactive displays
- Marine and freshwater habitats from around the world
- 7 galleries and a discovery centre featuring a touch pool
- 6 play zones for children including Ripley’s explorer research sub
- Guests will enjoy Ripley’s Café and Cargo Hold gift shop
For more details, visit http://www.ripleyaquariums.com/canada/